Health Advocacy Program
Our community health specialists work alongside ICHS’s medical providers as part of your integrated care team to give support that goes beyond your medical, dental, vision or behavioral health visit. Good health starts long before a visit to the doctor’s office or pharmacy. We’re here to provide information and resources to address unmet needs at home, work or in your community for things important to your wellbeing, like transportation, nutritious foods, green spaces, jobs and housing.
We include community health specialists and certified navigators who are multilingual and multicultural. Together, we empower positive, informed choices to help you, your family and your community thrive. We can help you:
- Find a primary care provider
- Communicate with doctors, including help with translation and translation of health education and information
- Learn about and engage with resources in the community
- Better manage your medical condition, including how to access nutrition and diabetes education, wellness classes and support groups
- Enroll in low or no-cost health insurance
- Determine eligibility for no-cost cancer screening and treatment
- Advocate for social justice and greater civic engagement
Our community health specialists are your health and wellness champions. We’re here for the little things, as well as for the times you don’t know where to turn.
Please contact our community health specialists below for any questions or assistance finding community resources, health insurance, free cancer screening or for help with the 2020 Census. We will temporarily limit our in-person events outreach in accordance with Gov. Jay Inslee’s “Stay Home, Stay Healthy” order but we are still here to help.
Ellen Huang (中文) 206-718-3895
Sabina Bagirova (Pусский) 206-379-6815
Elsa Anderson (Amharic, Tigrinya, Somali) 206-919-1378
Jiwon Kim (한국어) 206-327-1552