Health Advocacy Program
ICHS’s Health Advocacy Program provides a system of support that goes beyond your medical, dental, vision or behavioral health visit. Our health advocates work alongside ICHS’s medical providers as part of your integrated care team. We are trusted members of the community who can connect you to resources for safer neighborhoods, nutritious foods, green spaces, jobs, housing and economic opportunity.
ICHS’s health advocacy team includes certified navigators, health educators, school-based health workers and community health workers who are multilingual and multicultural. Together, we empower positive, informed choices to help you, your family and your community thrive. We’re here to help you:
- Connect to a primary care provider
- Communicate with doctors, including help with translation and translation of health education and information
- Learn about and engage with resources in the community
- Better manage your medical condition, including how to access nutrition and diabetes education, wellness classes and support groups
- Access low or no-cost health insurance
- Determine eligibility for no-cost cancer screening and treatment
- Advocate for social justice and greater civic engagement
Our health advocates are your health and wellness champions. We’re here for the little things, as well as when you don’t know where to turn.