Local runners and walkers of both the four- and two-legged variety are invited to get with their pack to bring in the Lunar New Year in an effort to help local families who cannot afford medical care. International Community Health Services’ (ICHS) will be holding its 3rd annual Lunar New Year 5K walk and run fundraiser, on Sunday, Feb. 25, in Shoreline.
Online registration for humans is now open at: www.ichs.com/5k, while on-leash canines are welcome to join for free. The event commemorates the lunar calendar Year of the Dog in 2018, inviting participants to roam the environs of Shoreline’s Interurban Trail while doing good.
Each year, ICHS organizes the 5K to raise money to support uncompensated patient care and provides almost $1 million to the Puget Sound region’s most vulnerable communities — about 90% are persons of color and about 55% have limited English speaking skills and need interpretation help.
“Facing challenges in federal funding, ICHS rely on events such as the 5K Walk and Run to serve the needs of our community,” said Ron Chew, ICHS Foundation executive director.
About the event:
- WHAT: International Community Health Services’ Lunar New Year 5K walk and run fundraising event will support uncompensated health care for families throughout the region. Participants will receive a time chip, bib, t-shirt and promotional giveaways from vendors. The first 250 participants that check-in will also receive an ICHS fanny pack
- WHERE: The walk and run route will start at City of Shoreline City Hall – 7500 Midvale Ave N, Shoreline, WA 98133
- COST: Prices ranges from $10-$40 based on age and increases by $5 per month
- HOW: Online registration is open now until 24 hours before the race
- Questions? Please contact: email@example.com
Lunar New Year 5K sponsors include: East West Bank, Coordinated Care, Amerigroup, Aurora Rents, Community Health Plan of Washington, One Cup Coffee, Shoreline Rotary, Sam’s Club, Uwajimaya, Miller Hayashi Architects, City of Shoreline, HomeSight, Mei-Ling Woo State Farm Agency, Merchants Parking Association, Molina Healthcare, SCIDpda, Shoreline Community College, Viet-Wah Group, Recology, and WPI Real Estate Services.