How to get your vaccine and what to expect
ICHS is now administering Pfizer-BioNTech vaccines to people ages 12 and up. Please bring your ID and insurance card if you have health insurance. You will be given vaccine safety information when you arrive. After you receive your vaccine, ICHS staff will observe you for 15 minutes. If you have a history of allergies or allergic reactions, we will observe you for 30 minutes.
Your second dose
Moderna and Pfizer-BioNTech are both two-dose vaccines. It is very important that you receive your second dose in order to be fully vaccinated. ICHS will schedule your second dose after your first shot.
- If you receive the Moderna vaccine, we will schedule your second shot 28 days later at the same location.
- If you receive the Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine, we will schedule your second shot 21 days later at the same location.
The Johnson & Johnson (Janssen) vaccine is a one-dose vaccine and does not require a second shot.
Your third dose
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) recommends a booster shot of the Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine in certain populations:
- People age 65 and older;
- People at high-risk for severe COVID-19; and
- People who work in a high-risk job.
Individuals in these groups who previously received the Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 vaccine are eligible for a booster starting at least six months after their second shot.
For more information
- Visit the Public Health – Seattle & King County website for the latest information and updates about vaccine development and distribution.
- Visit the Washington State Department of Health's vaccine locator to find other COVID-19 vaccine appointments.
- Take a look at our vaccine updates and FAQ to learn more about the COVID-19 vaccine and help answer common questions.
- Learn about free COVID-19 testing at ICHS.
Where to get a COVID-19 vaccine
Beginning Oct. 4, walk-ins for COVID-19 vaccinations are available at these ICHS locations: Bush-Asia Center, New Holly Gathering Hall, ICHS Shoreline Clinic. Please call 206.788.3700 to make an appointment for the Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine at the ICHS Bellevue Clinic.