Weather Alert: ICHS clinic delayed openings and early closures through Friday
We are anticipating snowfall early tomorrow morning into mid-morning. The evening hours will then be icy with freezing temperatures into the morning of Friday, December 31.
ICHS will delay opening our clinic doors until 10:30 am on both Thursday, December 30 and Friday, December 31, and will close medical and dental programs by 5:00 pm on both days.
The new weather system could bring another 1-3 inches of lowland snow. There is a chance that 3-5 inches of snow could fall. Highs are forecasted to warm into the 30s on Thursday, December 29 so snow may change to a rain/snow mix.
Snow will taper by Friday morning for a mostly dry day. It will remain cold with highs into the upper 20s and mid 30s. Saturday may be warmer, which could bring the potential for more snow.
Here are some links to information and resources as well as safety tips to consider the next few days. If you have to drive anywhere, please take it slow and use caution. Avoid driving if at all possible.
Emergency Shelter Information
National Weather Service
WA State Department of Transportation
Winter Driving Safety
For a list of severe winter weather shelters in King County and other cold weather tips and resources, click here.
Cold Weather Safety Tips
• Stay indoors during the storm. Prolonged exposure to cold can cause hypothermia.
• Walk and drive carefully on icy sidewalks and roads. Many injuries and accidents are caused by slippery conditions.
• Before driving, let someone know your destination, route, and expected time of arrival. If your car gets stuck, it’ll be easier to find you.
• If you lose feeling and color in your nose, ears, hands, or feet, cover the exposed area, avoid rubbing your skin, and seek medical help immediately. You may have frostbite.
• When shoveling snow, take breaks and lift lighter loads. Working too hard can lead to heart attacks.
• Stay dry. Wet clothes make you lose body heat, increasing your risk of hypothermia.